Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  Frasier Clips  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
season book members episode music online frasier
Latest topics
» Frasier Reboot Discussion
Breaking the site login record EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 pm by JmThms

» New Board
Breaking the site login record EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 am by John

» Frasier Clips added.
Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 pm by John

» RIP John Mahoney
Breaking the site login record EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 am by JmThms

» Merry Christmas All.!!
Breaking the site login record EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 am by PatrickD

» Frasier Seasons DVD sets
Breaking the site login record EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am by goranmagdic

» What happened?
Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am by PatrickD

» Frasier: The Best Show to Sleep To
Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am by ShinChuck

» Last Episode You Watched?
Breaking the site login record EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm by 1901

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Breaking the site login record

Go down 
+2
PistolPoet
Tasos
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tasos

Tasos

Breaking the site login record Empty
PostSubject: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 1:07 am

Hi all

Since joining, Ive noticed how quiet this site is. Id love to exchange ideas or even stumble across some of you other members much more regularly (if possible).

It appears that the site record for the most members on at one time was September the 24th. On that day we had 12 registered members logged in at once. Can anyone think why? Itd be great to get online and find even one or two let alone 12.

I'm enthusiastic. Is there a good time to login? For the record, my wife and I are half way through season 9 right now and loving it. Niles just gave Daphne "the ring" and she said yes. Niles has lost most of his quirks and Frasier appears to be a little bit desperate to find a woman. A number of failed blind dates have occurred but he keeps trying to meet new women.

I hate the feeling that there are (for us) only two more seasons to go after this one. I watch so little TV now, this show comprises the lion's share of my viewing. Not since Breaking Bad have I become so absorbed with a series.

By the way, Im a huge Larry David fan.
Talk soon
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 2:39 pm

I'd love to talk to people here more often, too! I come to the forum at least a few times a day just to check if there have been any new posts.
The thing is that the previous Frasier forum (now closed) was active for years and years and most of the regulars simply didn't transition to this one. I suppose they thought they'd said everything there was to say about the show. I was also hoping we'd get more new members who weren't part of the old forum, but the show is getting pretty old now, so I guess there aren't as many new fans as we'd like Sad.
Back to top Go down
heartofmotion

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 2:56 pm

There is not much posting going on - we just need new members to come along with ideas for new and interesting threads and hopefully we'll all respond! Cool

There was also an interpersonal issue between a few members a few weeks ago and the forum has got quieter as a result. We just need some new energy to get us back on track.

Basically the forum is what existing members make it. If we value it, we should get posting! And I mean start discussions, not just ad hoc comments.
Back to top Go down
Eddie2012

Eddie2012

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Discussions would be great! My own handicap is that I can only go online via my smartphone and typing long messages takes ages...
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:50 pm

We could try a session in the chatbox, see how you like it?

I know, it is a shame, but we need to keep going and hopefully we'll get people.

I feel the same way in that I often go on a forum many times only to find there's nothing.

I would create more discussions but I'm the admin and it might scare people off if they see me posting threads and stuff a lot.
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 7:54 pm

Well I don't know how the others feel about it, but I think you should have an equal voice as any of us. Just because your name is written in red shouldn't scare anyone off Smile. On the contrary, I think people like to see an admin who's actively involved in their forum.
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:15 pm

I'm open to all those ideas. I definitely have no issue with a high Admin presence. The chatbox idea sounds fascinating. All good!

I've only recently joined this forum with a high degree of enthusiasm but feel almost lonely in here. Yes Frasier finished ten years ago, but not for me. I'm on season ten and will be finishing season eleven for the first time in the next few weeks. Thanks Netflix! I love what Ive seen and can't wait to share that.
What's more, I've never joined a site like this before and I'm uncomfortable taking the lead too much - at least at present. I'm really looking to join in where possible though. I just need others :-)

Back to top Go down
Eddie2012

Eddie2012

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Chatbox might be tricky though, with all the different timezones.
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 12:32 pm

I know, but it's worth a try! I have an american friend and he is only 8 hours behind me most of the time. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

How about a Christmas Chat on the 24th?
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 1:24 pm

John - well done!

I Live in Australia - if I can get enthusiastic about this, surely the rest of the membership can. I imagine I'll be the one doing the typing at 4am local time....lol

Come on folks
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:23 pm

My time is GMT+1, so I'm in sync with all of you Europeans (Brits included).
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:25 pm

You don't have to be typing at 4am, lol. Just enjoy your sleep. If anyone else is interested, it will have to be the 23rd as I think now I'm out Christmas Eve night. If I suggested 8pm, would that be OK>?
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 pm

We've broken the record today:

Most users ever online was 13 on Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 14:02
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Way to go!!! Wish I'd been online when it happened.

:-)
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 2:05 am

I'd still like to break that record mind you! lol

I want to be on here when it's busy. John - when is the most popular time to login?
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 2:15 pm

I don't know! 14:02 I guess!
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 11:30 am

No-one at the chat last night? Did you forget ?
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Oh no!! Yes, I absolutely did forget. Sorry everyone.

By the by,I'm in the process of watching the final episode of Frasier RIGHT NOW!! A first for me. Ha
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 8:06 pm

No worries, I was just interested to see if anyone logged in.
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:51 am

I didn't forget, but both my cats had surgery so I was busy taking care of them. Sorry I couldn't be there! Sad
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:11 am

No worries, anything non-chat should take first priority always. I think maybe the chat is a bad idea after all, I did try before but nothing came of it. If you are free people, don't be shy to use the chatbox anytime. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Ok......here I sit with another 4 persons at the site. I tried to chat with PatrickD but he didn't notice me in the chat window. I still think we should name the chat window Cafe Nervosa and meet there for a "cuppa" sometime. Maybe I'll achieve that in a dream oneday! Lol

Hope everyone is well by the way. :-)
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:57 pm

I can't rename the chatbox, unfortunately (no place to rename it in the admin panel), sorry!

Perhaps people are shy or do not want to chat, but I would be more than willing to chat with you if you and I arranged a time and date, and then perhaps more people will join in. Even if they don't, it would still be nice. Smile

I am well, thanks, hope you are too. I am a bit sad that Christmas is over, but the years seem to pass quickly these days, so it isn't so bad in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
goranmagdic

goranmagdic

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Since I joined, I've noticed the member size grow slightly, but not by very much. Does anyone have any ideas on getting more people on board? John, do you have any access to stats to see how many hits the forum is getting?

When I search on Google for anything Frasier related, the old Frasier Online forum is always right at the top for results about absolutely anything that featured on the show, people asking for help identifying wine, furniture, books, clothing...

It would be good if we eventually had lots of these items/brand names/key words etc mentioned so we could catch some of these searchers.
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

I don't, sorry. But I can look up a guest's IP address to see where they're coming from.

Hopefully sometime this year I'll have my own bank account, at the moment it's under someone else's, and I would intend to apply for a bankcard and add a donate button. Donations go towards a site domain, gallery space and more attachments space, and a domain could well give us the boost we need.

something like frasierfanclub.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the site login record   Breaking the site login record Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking the site login record
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next