Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  Frasier Clips  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
episode book music members frasier season online
Latest topics
» Frasier Reboot Discussion
frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 pm by JmThms

» New Board
frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 am by John

» Frasier Clips added.
frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 pm by John

» RIP John Mahoney
frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 am by JmThms

» Merry Christmas All.!!
frasier - The End of Frasier EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 am by PatrickD

» Frasier Seasons DVD sets
frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am by goranmagdic

» What happened?
frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am by PatrickD

» Frasier: The Best Show to Sleep To
frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am by ShinChuck

» Last Episode You Watched?
frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm by 1901

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

The End of Frasier

Go down 
+5
Ariel 12
barbaradear
PistolPoet
Eddie2012
John
9 posters
AuthorMessage
John
Admin
John

frasier - The End of Frasier Empty
PostSubject: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:08 am

Anyone else moved by Frasier's speech etc. in the final episode? It makes me wish there were a lot more series. If only we could have got a glimpse of the job he was doing in Seattle, who he was working with, etc, to compare to his KCAL job. Discuss Frasier's ending here.
Back to top Go down
Eddie2012

Eddie2012

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 6:26 pm

To be honest, I don't really watch the last two episodes as they only remind me that my beloved series has come to an end and there won't be any more episodes to enjoy Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:
To be honest, I don't really watch the last two episodes as they only remind me that my beloved series has come to an end and there won't be any more episodes to enjoy Crying or Very sad
And I thought I was the only one! I only remember that my eyes watered when I heard his speech for the first time, so it was pretty difficult to watch it again later. I also remember thinking that it wasn't really the ending I would have liked. I compared it to the last episode of Friends, where Chandler and Monica move out of the iconic flat. But they move out because they want to start a family and they decided that a big suburban house is what they wanted. Frasier already has everything he wants in Seattle (apart from Frederick): his ideal home, his family, his hometown which he loves (even if it does rain a lot). I don't really remember his reasons for leaving (feel free to jog my memory, guys), but just the fact that radio isn't what it used to be doesn't seem strong enough. I get it that he may have wanted a fresh start (the way he did at the beginning of the show when he moved to Seattle), but it was all left so uncertain. Call me an old softie, but I would have liked to see him settled down in Seattle with Claire or Charlotte or whomever, surrounded by the people he loves. It may be a cliche, but at least it wouldn't have made me want to cry Smile.
Back to top Go down
barbaradear

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Absolutely agree with you all! I can't watch that last episode or really even the whole of the last season because I know its all coming to an end. I know these things have to end cos they can't go on forever but its hard when you've enjoyed it so much and its like letting go of friends as you feel you've got to know them so well! (I really do need to get out more! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Eddie2012

Eddie2012

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 9:24 am

PistolPoet wrote:
I also remember thinking that it wasn't really the ending I would have liked.

I am no fan of the open ending either. I didn’t necessarily need to see him settle down (although it would have been nice considering all the others starting a new life), but who thought it a good idea to end a show with some sort of cliffhanger…
Back to top Go down
Ariel 12

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:
PistolPoet wrote:
I also remember thinking that it wasn't really the ending I would have liked.

I am no fan of the open ending either. I didn’t necessarily need to see him settle down (although it would have been nice considering all the others starting a new life), but who thought it a good idea to end a show with some sort of cliffhanger…
Iknow just what you mean about the cliffhanger - just watched that last one again a couple of days ago and as the plane comes down I find myself saying but what happens to the job in San Francisco!
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:39 pm

Do you all think it's too late to petition for a spin-off? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariel 12

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:44 pm

PistolPoet wrote:
Do you all think it's too late to petition for a spin-off? Razz
Even if it was just a one off where they all got together for a family reunion type thing - and we could see if Frasier brought Charlotte, are Niles and Daphne still together, did Ros find love etc
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 1:19 am

Just saw the final episode for the first time. Naturally, im feeling sad. Inevitable I guess. No matter what happened, it was the last Frasier.

What did happen to San Francisco? What will happen in Chicago? I could easily sit down and watch another two or three seasons. The last season was laugh out loud funny. One of the better ones. Great energy and humour.
Back to top Go down
heartofmotion

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 10:47 am

I'm not exactly a fan of the ending but I seem to be in a minority of one in thinking it was well done.

Quote :
I don't really remember his reasons for leaving (feel free to jog my memory, guys)

Frasier went to Chicago because he didn't want to be the one left behind while all his friends and family were looking forward to new starts. Niles and Daphne have their baby, Martin gets hitched to Ronnie (not a relationship I ever found believable) and Roz gets to be station manager! Frasier didn't want to get melancholy about his situation so he decided to make a new start for himself. He didn't know if Charlotte wanted him or not so just decided to take a chance. If we had actually seen their reunion, the series couldn't have ended there, it would have had to continue - or, as a series finale, it would just have been so sickly sweet and predictable - definitely not in keeping with the Frasier we know and love.

Actually, when Frasier was on the plane, chatting to the attractive psychiatrist, I was expecting him to revert to type, forget all about Charlotte and start chatting her up! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DiceMan

DiceMan

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:37 pm

He got a nice gig on Sirius XM and they all Skype everyday
Back to top Go down
xrosasx

xrosasx

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyThu May 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Even till the end I had some sort of hope for Frasier and Roz. Charlotte was ok too, but I still feel I got no closure.

The Tennyson poem was fitting though.
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:59 pm

Interesting thought about Frasier and Roz Rosa. I never thougt of the two of them as a couple and I never thought they would be.

As for closure, gee it'd be great to see just a handful of new episodes. Could we petition Netflix? Lol Just to find out what they did........

I can't believe how sentimental i can get with this show. No other program I've ever watched does this to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End of Frasier   frasier - The End of Frasier Empty

Back to top Go down

The End of Frasier
Page 1 of 1