Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  Frasier Clips  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
episode frasier season music online book members
Latest topics
» Frasier Reboot Discussion
Frasier censored? EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 pm by JmThms

» New Board
Frasier censored? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 am by John

» Frasier Clips added.
Frasier censored? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 pm by John

» RIP John Mahoney
Frasier censored? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 am by JmThms

» Merry Christmas All.!!
Frasier censored? EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 am by PatrickD

» Frasier Seasons DVD sets
Frasier censored? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am by goranmagdic

» What happened?
Frasier censored? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am by PatrickD

» Frasier: The Best Show to Sleep To
Frasier censored? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am by ShinChuck

» Last Episode You Watched?
Frasier censored? EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm by 1901

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Frasier censored?

Go down 
+3
heartofmotion
PistolPoet
Living Brain
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Living Brain

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 2:02 pm

I have been watching Frasier for many years on Channel 4(UK), but I only just became aware of this forum and the one that preceded it. Apologies if this has been discussed before, but it seems to me that some lines have been edited out of a few Frasier episodes as broadcast on C4. I know C4 now show Frasier in the breakfast slot so maybe they're being extra cautious, but are there really any lines in the script that are so offensive that they need to be removed lest somebody choke on their cornflakes? I can't remember any specific instances of apparent cuts but can anyone confirm whether my feeling that edits have been done is correct? If so, it would be great if someone could say what the lines were that were removed. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Most certainly. I haven't come across any censored versions, but I've heard people mention them. I seem to remember the particularly glaring example of High Holidays where they edited out Martin's entire pot-fuelled speech with fridge pants and a dog army, arguably the best part of the episode.
Back to top Go down
heartofmotion

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:43 pm

C4 edit very assiduously - presumably not to offend all the preschoolers watching Frasier!

I think I mentioned on the previous forum that my favourite Martin line 'All his crap is treasured' was edited out of The Two Hundredth. All the other lines in the scene are left in, so at first it's hard to believe it's just not there!
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:59 am

But people say "crap" all the time in sitcoms no less innocent than Frasier! Or do other shows get this treatment as well? I've never heard of Friends being censored, for example.
Back to top Go down
heartofmotion

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:04 pm

I think it's just for the morning showings. It wouldn't have been edited out of Frasier's original scheduling at 9.30pm.

Just spotted another one. In Back Talk Frasier makes fun of the exercise for stress that Roz found in the pages of Glamour. Frasier's response, 'Oh, that's priceless. I can't find the right shade of lipstick, I look terrible in a bikini, He can't find my G-spot' is, perhaps unsurprisingly, edited out.
Back to top Go down
Living Brain

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Thanks for the replies, folks - it's good to get confirmation that some of the episodes in the current C4 run have been tampered with.
Back to top Go down
ShinChuck

ShinChuck

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 7:22 am

In the US, Hallmark runs Frasier pretty often, with a lot of edits, unfortunately (like the aforementioned High Holidays butchering!). They even run the credits at double-speed. Anyone new to Frasier would think that's how they're supposed to be!
Back to top Go down
ksammut

ksammut

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 10:18 am

Hallmark censors when Martin or another character says "son of a *****."

(Sorry if I'm breaking any rules with this statement.)
Back to top Go down
ShinChuck

ShinChuck

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 7:24 am

I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but it does make for odd moments.  Sometimes they'll censor a swear word that's integral to the punchline or joke, making for an odd pause and no payoff!

Edit: Here ya go. In Radio Wars, they keep referring to "Frasier Crane's Humongous... Contest!" If you're not familiar with the episode, that whole joke is left vague. Frasier mentions people trying to get pictures of his "butt", and later asks Roz is they're trying to get pictures of her "behind", but those are the only hints left with the editing!
Back to top Go down
Living Brain

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 4:20 pm

I just watched the episode Kenny On The Couch which I recorded off Channel 4 a few days ago. In the opening scene, it becomes apparent that Kenny is not coping well with his divorce, but it seemed to me that some dialogue had been edited out. I found a transcript online, and the words which C4 felt it necessary to remove are italicised below.

Frasier: Kenny, um, divorce can be one of life's most difficult transitions. Have you considered seeing a professional once or twice a week?

Kenny: I've thought about it, but prostitutes are expensive.

Roz: He means a psychiatrist, Kenny.  That is what you meant, right?
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Without those words the rest doesn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Living Brain

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:39 pm

Yep, that's what made me suspect some editing had occurred.

C4 have also tinkered with Analyzed Kiss. Once again the words which have been excised from the episode are shown in italics.

Julia: Well, Roz, Kenny told me about your job interview.  Good luck.
Roz: Oh, I get it.  It'll be good luck because if I get the job, I'll be gone.
Julia: No, it sounds like a good position for you.
Roz: Right, cause I get into a lot of sexual positions with a lot of guys.
Julia: I'm saying congratulations.

In the next scene in Nervosa, Julia's use of the word b*st*rd (three times!) when referring to her accountant have been muted out.

Moving on to the scene with Niles and Martin in the shooting range - when Martin checks how accurate his shots were on the target...

Martin: Ha-ha, yeah!  Here's one dirtbag isn't going to be selling crack at any schoolyards anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:00 pm

I don't really get it, though - when Julia says "bastard accountant"*, and they leave out the curse word, can you still see Julia mouthing it? If so, that's got to look at least a bit silly Smile.

*(sorry if anyone's offended, but I really don't see "bastard" as a dirty word, therefore I write it fully, do let me know if I should change that)
Back to top Go down
Living Brain

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:18 pm

As I recall, Julia's not in close-up at the points when the sound has been cut, so although viewers are aware from the gap in the soundtrack that something's been removed, they couldn't tell what the words were.

PS being a newbie I wasn't sure what the etiquette is on the word in question so I thought it safer to do a bit of self-censorship in my earlier post!
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Living Brain wrote:

PS being a newbie I wasn't sure what the etiquette is on the word in question so I thought it safer to do a bit of self-censorship in my earlier post!
Oh, sure, I don't know it myself, we're all sort of newbies here Smile. I'll be happy to censor words I write if someone asks me to. It's just that I personally don't think that particular word is a big deal, so I chose not to, but I guess it's wiser to err on the side of caution Smile.
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:35 am

What's stupid is that Kenny's thinking that Frasier was talking about prostitutes is hilarious and then Roz not being sure about it is even funnier! The prudes miss a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? EmptySat May 21, 2016 7:38 am

Hallmark Channel's censoring on Frasier is very annoying considering that The Golden Girls, which airs before it, isn't censored at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frasier censored? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frasier censored?   Frasier censored? Empty

Back to top Go down

Frasier censored?
Page 1 of 1