Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  Frasier Clips  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
music online frasier season members book episode
Latest topics
» Frasier Reboot Discussion
Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 pm by JmThms

» New Board
Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 am by John

» Frasier Clips added.
Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 pm by John

» RIP John Mahoney
Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 am by JmThms

» Merry Christmas All.!!
Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 am by PatrickD

» Frasier Seasons DVD sets
Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am by goranmagdic

» What happened?
Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am by PatrickD

» Frasier: The Best Show to Sleep To
Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am by ShinChuck

» Last Episode You Watched?
Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm by 1901

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?

Go down 
+7
heartofmotion
Eddie2012
barbaradear
ksammut
PatrickD
PistolPoet
John
11 posters
AuthorMessage
John
Admin
John

Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:57 am

There's only a few I know of, being based in the UK, but I do like to watch King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, and the no longer repeated According To Jim.

What about you?
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 10:30 am

I love Seinfeld, the first ten seasons of The Simpsons (after that I sort of lost track and stopped watching), Friends from time to time when I'm feeling nostalgic, The Big Bang Theory (yes, it's fashionable to hate it these days, but I think that's silly), the first three seasons of Community, and there's got to be a few more that I can't remember now.

Some American sitcoms that I feel I would like, but I never tried watching: The Modern Family, Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Parks & Recreation, The Office.
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:28 am

Don't everybody hate me but I really like Two And A Half Men, even after they fired Charlie Sheen. It's quite clever, more so than most sit-coms that I have seen and I have sampled quite a few.
Back to top Go down
ksammut

ksammut

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 12:32 pm

On the comedy line, I really only watch Seinfeld.
Back to top Go down
barbaradear

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:00 pm

Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, 2 Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, I could watch any of these over and over!  Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Eddie2012

Eddie2012

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Friends, Mike & Molly, Two And A Half Men (the ones with Charlie Sheen, preferably the earlier ones), IT Crowd (UK).
Back to top Go down
heartofmotion

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 7:44 pm

I used to watch a lot of Friends and I still like the occasional Big Bang Theory. BBT is very funny but the characters not nearly as interesting and multi-faceted as Frasier's.
Back to top Go down
Eddie2012

Eddie2012

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 8:46 pm

'Father Ted' and 'Black Books' (both UK).
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 6:57 am

I like Ally McBeal, which IMO qualifies as a comedy since it is filled with comedic moments.
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 8:41 am

Boston Legal is also pretty good, at least what I saw of it.
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 am

PistolPoet wrote:
Boston Legal is also pretty good, at least what I saw of it.
Coincidentally,
I've started watching that series as well, it's a spinoff of The Practice that I liked. Although the term "spinoff" may be a stretch since only two characters from the old series reprised their parts and they were only recurrent ones from the last season. So far it seems good, I've only seen half a dozen episodes, it feels like something between Ally Macbeal and The Practice. I think they are all babies of the same mind.
Back to top Go down
DiceMan

DiceMan

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:56 pm

huge Seinfeld fan. Also watch Family Guy and South Park, The League (which is Family Guy-levels of low brow, heads up), Archer, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

A handful of others too. I like comedy over most other genres
Back to top Go down
NervosaBerry

NervosaBerry

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 4:24 am

Love Parks & Recreation! Some other good ones: Veep, Curb Your Enthusiasm, 30 Rock, The Office, Arrested Development, Sex and the City.
Back to top Go down
ShinChuck

ShinChuck

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 6:13 am

Well, as an American, I... actually don't see a ton. I have an obsessive personality, and so I tend to find a few things I like I really get into them.

Frasier is easily my favorite. It's smart, it's funny, and I can really let myself escape in it.

Everyone Loves Raymond and The King of the Hill are the other two I've really gotten into. Raymond is just down to earth, silly fun, and King of the Hill has some surprising depth to it sometimes (it took me a while to get past the southern good-old-boy feel to it, admittedly!).

I've caught bits and pieces of other things. I do like King of Queens as well, although it's not quite obsession-level, it's like, "I happen to be home with a pizza and need 21 minutes of fun, and hey, look what's on!"
Back to top Go down
DiceMan

DiceMan

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Amazon.com has all 10 seasons of How I Met Your Mother so I started watching that. It's not -too- terrible I guess, but really Frasier and Seinfeld have spoiled me as far as sitcoms go.
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 4:35 pm

I absolutely loved the first six or so seasons of How I Met Your Mother. If they hadn't dragged it out, it could have been one of the best sitcoms ever.
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Lately, I've been watching Seinfeld.
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 am

I've grown myself out of Everybody Loves Raymond, got Seasons 4 & 5 at HMV and by the end of it I decided I'm kinda tired of it at the moment. I might enjoy it again in a few months time, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Ariel 12

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Golden Girls, Kate and Allie, Third Rock, Sex and the City, Friends, did watch Ali Mcbeal and did watch Everybody loves raymond for a while but got fed up with the number of scenes that were just him and his wife yelling at each other - I can get that from next door!!
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Ariel 12 wrote:
Golden Girls, Kate and Allie, Third Rock, Sex and the City, Friends, did watch Ali Mcbeal and did watch Everybody loves raymond for a while but got fed up with the number of scenes that were just him and his wife yelling at each other - I can get that from next door!!

If you liked Ali Mcbeal, you will love Boston legal, it's by the same authors and even crazier.
Back to top Go down
Ariel 12

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Didn't realise that, will try it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?   Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do You Watch Other American Comedies, Apart From Frasier?
Page 1 of 1