Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  Frasier Clips  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
book season music frasier online members episode
Latest topics
» Frasier Reboot Discussion
episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 pm by JmThms

» New Board
episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 am by John

» Frasier Clips added.
episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 pm by John

» RIP John Mahoney
episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 am by JmThms

» Merry Christmas All.!!
episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 am by PatrickD

» Frasier Seasons DVD sets
episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am by goranmagdic

» What happened?
episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am by PatrickD

» Frasier: The Best Show to Sleep To
episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am by ShinChuck

» Last Episode You Watched?
episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm by 1901

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?

Go down 
+4
PistolPoet
heartofmotion
PatrickD
ksammut
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ksammut

ksammut

episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? Empty
PostSubject: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 2:49 pm

The Show Where Lilith Comes Back
Adventures In Paradise (Part 1)
Adventures In Paradise (Part 2)
A Lilith Thanksgiving
Room Service
The Apparent Trap
Lilith Needs a Favor
Guns N' Neuroses
Frasier Grinch
The Unnatural
War of the Words
Star Mitzvah
High Holidays
The Show Where Sam Shows Up
The Show Where Diane Comes Back
The Show Where Woody Comes Back
Cheerful Goodbyes

Last edited by ksammut on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 5:44 pm

I am afraid that none of the four non Lilith episodes are particularly good or even above average. Of course it was nice to see the character from the old Cheers in a new environment but other than that…

So if I had to choose the best one it would have to be one with Lilith, and my favorite would be A Lilith Thanksgiving. All the more interesting as it is reminiscent of a Cheers episode where Diane and Sam keep coming back to see a marriage counsellor, until crazy with annoyance he consents to declare that Sam and Diane, not only belong with each other but are perfect for one another.
Back to top Go down
heartofmotion

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:41 am

On the whole I don't like any of them much as none of these characters really fit into Frasier's new life. To me, Lilith is a one-dimensional character and, although still part of Frasier's life, IMO has too many appearances on the show and the chemistry with Frasier is never that good. The best ones are where Freddie is involved - I quite like Star Mitzvah and War of the Words.

The best thing about Lilith though is the reactions of Niles, Martin and Daphne to her imminent arrivals!
Back to top Go down
PistolPoet

PistolPoet

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 10:38 am

heartofmotion wrote:
On the whole I don't like any of them much as none of these characters really fit into Frasier's new life. To me, Lilith is a one-dimensional character and, although still part of Frasier's life, IMO has too many appearances on the show and the chemistry with Frasier is never that good. The best ones are where Freddie is involved - I quite like Star Mitzvah and War of the Words.

The best thing about Lilith though is the reactions of Niles, Martin and Daphne to her imminent arrivals!

I love Lilith! Smile Though I must say I've never watched Cheers so I can't compare. It's true that her character was pretty exaggerated in Frasier, at least in the beginning, but later she was put in situations where we saw different sides of her personality. I love Room Service, especially the part where they all try to analyse why Lilith slept with Niles. The Apparent Trap is also great, as is Don Juan in Hell part 2, which is missing from the list.
As for non-Lilith episodes, I like to watch the ones with Woody and Sam sometimes, but I think I've seen Cheerful Goodbyes only once and didn't like it at all.
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:21 am

PistolPoet wrote:
heartofmotion wrote:

I love Lilith! Smile Though I must say I've never watched Cheers so I can't compare. It's true that her character was pretty exaggerated in Frasier, at least in the beginning, but later she was put in situations where we saw different sides of her personality. I love Room Service, especially the part where they all try to analyse why Lilith slept with Niles. The Apparent Trap is also great, as is Don Juan in Hell part 2, which is missing from the list.
As for non-Lilith episodes, I like to watch the ones with Woody and Sam sometimes, but I think I've seen Cheerful Goodbyes only once and didn't like it at all.

Cheerful Goodbyes was a "wink wink" episode meant to please the fans of Cheers and therefore it was filled with Cheers clichés and allusions. The problem is that they did a really bad job of it. Of course the episode would seem even more pointless to someone unfamiliar with the series.
Back to top Go down
DiceMan

DiceMan

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:51 pm

I don't remember them in great detail, but I always found Sam pretty funny in Cheers.

I do find myself frequently repeating Cliff's line to Niles in Cheerful Goodbyes though

"Quite a suit you got there buddy boy! What'd it cost you, over $100 I bet?"
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:21 pm

I like The Show Where Lilith Comes Back, mainly because of Lilith's little put downs. She always has something bad to say about Martin or Niles. I think I'm starting to like her. Then we see that she can be nice and that she is human after all, when she tries to get back with Frasier and gets upset when he says he doesn't want to get back together with her.
Back to top Go down
ShinChuck

ShinChuck

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 11:04 pm

The great thing about Frasier is that there are so many little moments, even in lesser episodes.

Diane's play in her show was, I thought, pretty hilarious, especially the first time you see it and aren't expecting it. Cliff was pretty funny in Cheerful Goodbyes (although I really do lament the fact that they didn't use the actual Cheers bar setting for that show).

My favorite? Not sure, I'd need to rewatch them all together. Almost certainly a Lilith one, though!
Back to top Go down
JmThms

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Cheers is my favorite sit com with Frasier running second. "The Show Where Sam Shows Up" probably, but 'Cheerful Goodbyes' brings a lot of the Cheers cast back and a lot of memories. And yes, Cliff Claven is a great character! So many great characters in the Cheers cast!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character?   episode - What Is Your Favorite Episode with Cheers Character? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1