Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  Frasier Clips  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
episode season members music frasier book online
Latest topics
» Frasier Reboot Discussion
episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 pm by JmThms

» New Board
episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 am by John

» Frasier Clips added.
episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 pm by John

» RIP John Mahoney
episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 am by JmThms

» Merry Christmas All.!!
episode - Most underrated episode? EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 am by PatrickD

» Frasier Seasons DVD sets
episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am by goranmagdic

» What happened?
episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am by PatrickD

» Frasier: The Best Show to Sleep To
episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am by ShinChuck

» Last Episode You Watched?
episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm by 1901

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Most underrated episode?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Suzanne Foxton

Suzanne Foxton

episode - Most underrated episode? Empty
PostSubject: Most underrated episode?   episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 5:04 pm

This has been covered in the old Frasier Online forum but it's a great topic and brings out a lot of hidden merits of some of the "lesser" episodes. In my opinion, the most underrated episode - in fact the most unfairly maligned one - is Rooms With a View. Not a lot of laughs but the pathos works well if the series is considered as a body of work. Somehow I always enjoy it when they employ child actors to portray young Frasier and Niles - it's an exercise in the viewer's expectations.  Am excited to hear other opinions! Also am very happy to have an active forum on an old TV sitcom - just going through a Frasier Frenzy and am experiencing a lot of the episodes for the first time. Frasier is certainly a cut above most of the sitcom fodder of the moment, although we're currently meant to be going through a Golden Age of Television.
Back to top Go down
Rich A

PostSubject: Re: Most underrated episode?   episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 1:15 am

Unfortunately, I don't have a suggestion for the most underrated episode. I like some better than others, but every episode gives me something to laugh about. I've read some of the reviews on the old online forum, and I'm glad to discover this spot.
I don't consider "Rooms With a View" a favorite. I really dislike how Daphne behaves (particularly busting the vending machine), even though she says she's scared and worried. However, I agree with Suzanne's comments about it, too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most underrated episode?   episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 1:06 am

I'll go with "A Tsar Is Born" one of my all time favorite episodes. I love the premise of Niles and Fraiser wanting to watch a show and Martin wanting to watch a game show only to discover they all want to watch Antiques Roadshow. The drinking game is a lot of fun as is Niles reaction to Daphne's 1960s mod wedding dress. The episode also has one of my favorite exchanges from the show. 

Frasier: Well... we're out fifteen thousand each.
Niles: And we have to take long trips in a Winnebago.
Frasier: And we're not Romanovs.  We're descended from thieves and whores.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
goranmagdic

goranmagdic

PostSubject: Re: Most underrated episode?   episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:24 am

A Tsar Is Born is a good one! It's not often you saw the family enjoying the same activities together. Veneer!
Back to top Go down
Suzanne Foxton

Suzanne Foxton

PostSubject: Re: Most underrated episode?   episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 11:13 am

I may have to revise my choice...A Tsar is Born indeed ticks a lot of boxes! It's too bad the "thieves and whores" line is often cut in syndication. "The Jackalope's gonna getcha!" I doubt of on real life circumstances the Russian official could just take the bear clock away...look at Britain and the Elgin Marbles. However Rule of Funny trumps die-hard realism. And in the end credit vignette Jane Leeves does a fantastic go go dance...it certainly shows that she was a trained dancer before she found her comedic chops. My favourite moment: the look on Frasier and Niles faces right after Martin says "We're royalty." Makes you want to slug both of them - hard - bless their hearts.
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Most underrated episode?   episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:42 pm

For some reason I keep remembering the part where the old German guy keeps talking about Speedy Gonzales but denies that it's his name when someone proposes it. I just don't remember which episode it was. Laughing
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Most underrated episode?   episode - Most underrated episode? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Suzanne Foxton wrote:
I may have to revise my choice...A Tsar is Born indeed ticks a lot of boxes! It's too bad the "thieves and whores" line is often cut in syndication. "The Jackalope's gonna getcha!" I doubt of on real life circumstances the Russian official could just take the bear clock away...look at Britain and the Elgin Marbles. However Rule of Funny trumps die-hard realism. And in the end credit vignette Jane Leeves does a fantastic go go dance...it certainly shows that she was a trained dancer before she found her comedic chops. My favourite moment: the look on Frasier and Niles faces right after Martin says "We're royalty." Makes you want to slug both of them - hard - bless their hearts.
If you want to talk about lack of realism, how about "The Crucible" where Frasier buys a fake painting and the police tells him that there's nothing that he can do about it, worse he gets laughed at for even asking!

In France people have been sent to prison for years for doing that! I am guessing that it's the same in the US.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most underrated episode?   episode - Most underrated episode? Empty

Back to top Go down

Most underrated episode?
Page 1 of 1