Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  Frasier Clips  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
season frasier online episode book members music
Latest topics
» Frasier Reboot Discussion
frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 pm by JmThms

» New Board
frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 am by John

» Frasier Clips added.
frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 pm by John

» RIP John Mahoney
frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 am by JmThms

» Merry Christmas All.!!
frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 am by PatrickD

» Frasier Seasons DVD sets
frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am by goranmagdic

» What happened?
frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am by PatrickD

» Frasier: The Best Show to Sleep To
frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am by ShinChuck

» Last Episode You Watched?
frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm by 1901

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Frasier Seasons DVD sets

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyokie

frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets Empty
PostSubject: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:51 pm

First off, sorry I haven't been on in over a year. Life happened. Plus, I admit I had trouble getting on the site a few times. Only now realized what I have doing wrong. I forgot the capitalize my handle (or nickname) when logging in. Oops! Embarassed

Now for my question...if this subject has been talked about already, my apologies....I just got the remaining DVD sets I needed to complete my 11 season DVD set. Seasons 3 and 7-10. WOW! You can tell the difference in the writing of the scripts for those seasons. Anyhow.....I noticed that only Season 3 of the DVD sets I just got had special features in it i.e., interviews and a quick thing on who the callers were like Carrie Fisher in Season 3. There were zilch for Seasons 7-10. Why wasn't there any special features for Seasons 7-10?

I did notice right of the bat that the packaging is different from the Seasons I got a few years earlier (Seasons 1-2, 4-6, and 11).
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:52 pm

I have them all but Season 8. There are some great and unusual episodes, like where you see Frasier in his bathtub with the rest of the cast coming to him for help, or the one where Frasier and Niles are trying to reach some tribute to him, getting in taxis etc.
Back to top Go down
Wyokie

PostSubject: Re: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 10:30 pm

LOL There were some classics in the series.

But I guess my question is why isn't there any bonus stuff (interviews and other things) for Seasons 7-10 and yet, there were for Seasons 1-6 & 11?
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 2:19 pm

There is only so much bonus material they can supply. I should think it would take a long time to get all the lines right, and by the end the cast will just want to go home and rest.
Back to top Go down
Wyokie

PostSubject: Re: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 1:35 am

John wrote:
There is only so much bonus material they can supply. I should think it would take a long time to get all the lines right, and by the end the cast will just want to go home and rest.

In hindsight, you're probably right. P:lus by the time seasons 4-10 were getting produced onto DVD, everyone just wanted to get the series to end. The writing for the series went downhill by Season 8. Thankfully season 11 had the original writers back so the writing for that season was pure gold.

BTW, I find it hilarious how Frasier's first big relationship, with Kate Costas, ends with her going to Chicago and yet, years later....he ends up hightailing it to Chicago to be with Charlotte in very last seconds of the entire series!
Back to top Go down
ShinChuck

ShinChuck

PostSubject: Re: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:20 am

IIRC, Season 11 actually released early on, well before most of the series (it was released between the DVDs of Season 2 and 3 according to Wikipedia).  So 11 came out right in the middle of their higher-quality releases.

I'm guessing after season 6 they either ran out of extras (as you guys said), or simply got cheap/lazy.  They did the same with King of the Hill: the first two seasons are PACKED with stuff, and everything after that is bare-bones.  There were definitely things they could have put on the rest of the season, they just decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

I also noticed that one or two of my seasons are in thin cases, about the size of a regular DVD, and the others are in the bigger cardboard cases.  Not sure specifically which ones (don't have the DVDs with me at the moment).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 11:45 pm

All the Seasons of Frasier were initially produced in the cardboard cases. As the Season have been reissued Paramount/CBS switched over to plastic cases. They're cheaper to produces and don't take up as much space on a store shelf.

I've noticed numerous shows have done this. Game of Thrones is one that comes to mine. They've reissues the first couple of season's in plastic cases and put a sticker promoting a new value price.
Back to top Go down
ShinChuck

ShinChuck

PostSubject: Re: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:27 am

1901 wrote:
All the Seasons of Frasier were initially produced in the cardboard cases. As the Season have been reissued Paramount/CBS switched over to plastic cases. They're cheaper to produces and don't take up as much space on a store shelf.

I've noticed numerous shows have done this. Game of Thrones is one that comes to mine. They've reissues the first couple of season's in plastic cases and put a sticker promoting a new value price.

Makes sense.  I think I was buying them right at the change-over, because I think only my season 2 (or maybe it's 4) is in the plastic case.  They don't look as nice, but they're probably sturdier as well.  Someday when I have the dough I might obsess and replace the plastic one (or the other way around, hahah).
Back to top Go down
goranmagdic

goranmagdic

PostSubject: Re: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am

Have you thought of getting the complete box set? In the UK you can buy it for around £30 and it comes in a small-ish neat box. It'll take up much less space than all the individual seasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frasier Seasons DVD sets   frasier - Frasier Seasons DVD sets Empty

Back to top Go down

Frasier Seasons DVD sets
Page 1 of 1