Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  Frasier Clips  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
online episode music season members book frasier
Latest topics
» Frasier Reboot Discussion
Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 9:19 pm by JmThms

» New Board
Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 am by John

» Frasier Clips added.
Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 pm by John

» RIP John Mahoney
Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 am by JmThms

» Merry Christmas All.!!
Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 7:11 am by PatrickD

» Frasier Seasons DVD sets
Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am by goranmagdic

» What happened?
Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am by PatrickD

» Frasier: The Best Show to Sleep To
Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am by ShinChuck

» Last Episode You Watched?
Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 pm by 1901

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user

Last Episode You Watched?

Go down 
+11
ElliottBay24
Tasos
Eddie2012
rdwrer
DiceMan
heartofmotion
TheSaneChoice
ksammut
PatrickD
PistolPoet
John
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tasos

Tasos

Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi all

Some really interesting points (love this debate) I'm going to give this a good think and reply tomorrow.

I keep thinking of you Eddie2012.......i usually don't get to check site updates until i jump into bed and read my ipad! I hate typing on the darn thing. Lol

Talk tomorrow. :-)
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:52 am

Hi folks

what a day. I had all sorts of ambitions to write stuff about the various points you people have been writing, but I'm now feeling so distracted. Not sure that I can think now. Why? Let me explain. I had the privilege of stumbling across two superb episodes of Frasier today that have really humbled me.

Just when I thought I was on top of this show and all my thoughts/criticisms.....I feel as though I've been slapped back. hard, on my seat. First episode was one I've seen before - Coffee With Niles - on free to air here today. The detail. The denseness of dialogue and plot. The amazing flow of thoughts. It said so very much about what the characters were and about where they were going to go in their lives. It was a relentless flow. Impossible to walk away from. Just fantastic.

Then, tonight with my wife, on Netlflix....Fathers and Sons. Oh, gees (quoting Martin Crane now lol), what a wonderful, almost poetic piece of work. Leland Barton plays Hester Crane's old research assistant - returning to Seattle briefly - and the chemistry he brings to this episode is mind bogglingly good. His feelings for Hester and the Crane boys were so strong and beautiful - it was almost impossible to believe he wasn't their father. Of course, when we find out he isn't we cry but in a huge comedic twist, in an blink, we're reduced to tears of laughter. These players had me completely. I was so sold.

What a show. So, so very, very good. I've really enjoyed myself today. I could howl with approval. Bravo, Frasier, brilliant.

Thanks for listening. God I love this show
Back to top Go down
Eddie2012

Eddie2012

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 pm

’My Coffee with Niles’ is a wonderful episode. Someone on old site asked what episode others would choose to get people interested in Frasier and I think that is the one I might choose.

’Fathers and Sons’ is one of the few episodes I like out of a otherwise mediocre season 10.

Any thoughts on the Niles/Daphne discussion? I know I’m just nosy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:54 pm

G'day Eddie

Yes, yes....the Niles/Daphne discussion! I've just been re-reading Pistol's points above and I find myself nodding with a great deal that's said. "Seriousness" was a quality that was introduced into all of the characters as part of their growth, I believe. We see all the characters at various points in the series show their deep and meaningful selves (which I loved). We learn about the characters by looking more deeply into their feelings and thoughts. Their motivations even. This is fascinating but I feel it also affected the ability of the characters to portray slaptstick. The comedy of the show was often very physical and vocal in the earlier seasons. The seriousness of the characters meant we saw them become less like this but more human and often less comedic.

I just watched the end of season 10 tonight. Niles and Daphne are now quite the couple. Planning the birth of their first child. Gosh they are so real and mortal. It's such a human journey they're on. Beautiful and fascinating, but not funny. They're now the support for the comedy rather than drivers of it. It is a different show to the earlier seasons, no doubt.

.......you know what, though? I hardly laugh at these episodes as I watch them but some of them are so absorbing it doesn't matter, at least to me. Feel so tired now....more thoughts in my head but I can't write them now.

Thanks so much for keeping the discussion going folks. Enjoying this a lot

Back to top Go down
ElliottBay24

ElliottBay24

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:14 am

How To Bury A Millionaire. I have been recently randomly picking discs to watch, and I am on a Season 6 binge. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ksammut

ksammut

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Season 5: Frasier's Imaginary Friend is the latest episode I watched.
Back to top Go down
heartofmotion

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Nice to see you back on the forum, ksammut.

I don't like this episode. I think Niles, Martin and Daphne are really mean the way they gang up on Frasier and patronise him and encourage each other to think he's crazy. I guess they had to write it this way though to make the storyline work!

Laughing Rolling Eyes Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 1:55 am

Just saw the last episode of Frasier.......Goonight Seattle Part 2. My wife and I felt very sad. What did i do immdiately afterwards? I watched the first ever episode of TV involving Frasier and Lilith. Wings, season 3, episode 15 - Planes, Trains and Visiting Cranes. Gosh they were both great, even then. Their characters so fully formed. No surprise he was offered further appearances and, finally, a series.
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:03 am

Tasos wrote:
Just saw the last episode of Frasier.......Goonight Seattle Part 2. My wife and I felt very sad. What did i do immdiately afterwards? I watched the first ever episode of TV involving Frasier and Lilith. Wings, season 3, episode 15 - Planes, Trains and Visiting Cranes. Gosh they were both great, even then. Their characters so fully formed. No surprise he was offered further appearances and, finally, a series.

It wasn't the first ever episode involving Frasier and Lilith, far from it. Frasier had a beard so it must have been during the last few episodes of Cheers, the only short period during which Frasier had a beard. It's also at that time that KG played a captain in Star Trek TNG, also with a beard.

Frasier in Cheers (last few episodes):

Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 252617

Frasier in Wings:

Frasier in Wings

Kelsey Grammer in TNG:

Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 Kelsey-Grammar-Star-Trek
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi PatrickD. You've confused me. Are you saying that the Frasier and Lilith characters appeared somewhere else before appearing on Wings in season 3/episode 15?? Where? I got my information from Wikipedia (amongst other references). If that's wrong, where did Frasier and Lilith first appear? Fascinating stuff
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 5:57 pm

Tasos wrote:
Hi PatrickD. You've confused me. Are you saying that the Frasier and Lilith characters appeared somewhere else before appearing on Wings in season 3/episode 15?? Where? I got my information from Wikipedia (amongst other references). If that's wrong, where did Frasier and Lilith first appear? Fascinating stuff
Well; on Cheers, of course! Many times.
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:39 pm

Oooooh! My mistake. For some reason i thought Wings was aired before Cheers......not true...

It appears, that Frasier first appears on Cheers in 1982.....way before Wings

Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Just checked.....i was wrong again. According to Wikipedia, Frasier's first appearance on Cheers was September 27, 1984
Back to top Go down
goranmagdic

goranmagdic

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Just watched 'The Show Must Go Off' from Season 8. Derek Jacobi is excellent as Jackson Hedley. It must have been fun playing a terrible Shakespearean actor considering how highly regarded he actually is.
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:22 am

goranmagdic wrote:
Just watched 'The Show Must Go Off' from Season 8. Derek Jacobi is excellent as Jackson Hedley. It must have been fun playing a terrible Shakespearean actor considering how highly regarded he actually is.
It's also fun to see Patrick Macnee who used to play John Steed in the Avengers.

Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 John-Steed
Back to top Go down
ksammut

ksammut

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:46 am

The last episode I watched was "The Love You Fake" in Season 9.
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 1:06 pm

The episode with Aunt Patrice. Her G-Speak is hilarious!
Back to top Go down
PatrickD

PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 1:31 pm

John wrote:
The episode with Aunt Patrice. Her G-Speak is hilarious!

Yes, I wonder if it's a real thing or has just been invented for the show.
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:03 pm

I looked on Google for 'G-Speak' and 'G-Speak Washington', but it looks like it was made up for the show.
Back to top Go down
goranmagdic

goranmagdic

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 3:31 pm

I watched 'Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz' this morning. I loved Niles and Martin's attempts at being Jewish. "L'chaim! Mazel tov! Next year in Jerusalem!"

Niles standing in the bathroom dressed as Jesus with a nasal spray up his nose was predictable, but still hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Ha! I saw that episode a few days back. Hilarious. And such great moments. The arguments between mother/daughter and Martin/Frasier were so well scripted and acted.

Funny, memorable episode.
Back to top Go down
goranmagdic

goranmagdic

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:46 am

This morning it was 'Three Valentines'. The whole ironing scene with Niles is one of my favourite Frasier moments. Perfect start to my birthday, although unfortunately I have to work!
Back to top Go down
John
Admin
John

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:21 pm

'They're Playing Our Song', where Frasier needs a theme tune to his radio show. Rather than going short and simple as Martin suggests, he goes all out with orchestra, singing sopranos, and listing some of the ailments Frasier's listeners may have. Quite a hilarious sequence.

Back to top Go down
Tasos

Tasos

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:39 pm

Goranmagdic happy birthday!

I just saw Three Valentines as well. Niles ironing scene...brilliant. But my favourite part of this episode was watching Frasier trying to figure out if his work associate, whom he was having dinner with, was flirting/seducing him. Hilarious.

I live in Australia but we keep seeing the same episodes. What gives??
Back to top Go down
goranmagdic

goranmagdic

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Thanks Tasos! I record the repeats from Channel 4 in the UK. Their Frasier schedules must have synchronised!
I received a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape as a gift, although it was an 07, not the 47 Niles prefers Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Episode You Watched?   Last Episode You Watched? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Episode You Watched?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next